Monday 22 July 2013

Today is a special day, special in many ways.
First of all, as J said, it is the first time we travel together abroad. Well, we did travel to several places together before, yet it is the first time that we travel so long, together.

And secondly, for myself, I'd never went for a long trip i.e. travel abroad with a flight of over 10 hours since I flew to US 6 years ago. Moreover, it is the first time that I step on this land, London. Everything is totally new and interesting for me.

Thirdly, there are ups and downs already during our first day of travel, this makes me quite looking forward to our days ahead.

Let's start talk about it in more details now.

J is treating this trip extremely seriously. Before the trip, she is overly anxious and reactive to every bits of the trip and herself. During the trip, now I think she still kind of upholding her perfection expectation on the trip too much, which I now just found out when she told me her period started after coming out from the bathroom :P
She asked me to help her take a picture of with the mainlander behavior middle east people n Doha Airport














Now that we are finally here in London, and there we kicks off the trip with mental and physical fatigues. You may see that in the photos.

As J has planned and done a lot for wanting to give me a perfect trip, I am assuring her that I am enjoying the street, weather and people very much up to this moment.



Secondly, it has been a long time that I travel long distance. Frankly, the last long flight had not been a good experience, where the flight almost consumed me. This time, the first part of the flight was no better than the last, I cannot fall asleep, legs constantly numb and sour. It may be partly due to my excitement and nervousness as well. Luckily, the later part of the flight and journey are getting more and more favorable. The plane is more spacious, legs feel well again. What more important is, it is enlightening to see the excellent weather once we get off from the plane. And most importantly, as this is a brand new experience for me, I grasp every moment and enjoy every bits of London out of photo-shooting. Basically, for whatever or whoever I see, I find it interesting and I start asking J a lot of questions, which I feel she may feel a bit annoyed with me. Let's share some of the nice photos I took on the first day!!























Look at the price of these!!!

Over 1 pound each!!!


































Finally, what are the ups and downs of the trip so far?
Ups are: we have Adam who provides us free accommodation so that we can spend the money on other areas, we will meet a lot of nice friends of J, we took a lot of nice pictures, etc.
Downs are just little setback e.g. the charger I brought was out of order the moment we use it, we are extremely tired, etc.

Let see what will happen on the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment